Line of sight is rated at 600 feet. If you are placing the SmartLine controller inside a garage or basement, you should generally still have good signal strength for at least 200 feet. If you place the controller inside a commercial building or stainless vandal housing, you will still generally have around 200 feet of effective distance. However, commercial sites sometimes have firewalled buildings which will necessitate placing the controller outside of the building. Optimum signal strength is obtained when the SLW is mounted not higher than 20 feet above the controller and when the SLW is not directly over the controller. When you perform the diagnostic test at the SLW to determine signal strength, the 4th Led flash must be green. If the 4th Led flash is red but you have a flashing antenna icon on the controller display, that would indicate that the SLW is able to communicate with the controller but the SLHUB in the controller cannot respond to the SLW. Try another location.
Articles in this section
- SLW1 Wired weather station installation
- SLW5 Wireless Weather Station Installation Guide
- SLW15 Installation and Instructions
- Do you have any tips for placement of the wireless weather station for consistent signal strength?
- Where can I put the SLW weather station and how far can it be located from the controller?
- How can I make sure that the rain sensor on my SLW series weather station really works?