Yes. With the minimum deficit settings, the controller may and will skip a designated water day if the minimum deficit has not been achieved. The minimum deficit is a threshold that a zone must obtain before the controller will allow that zone to operate on a scheduled day. In the cooler months, ET rates are lower so the deficit accumulates slower and if the schedule calls for a cycle, but the minimum deficit has not been achieved, then no irrigation occurs. The deficit continues to build until the next scheduled day.
Articles in this section
- Can the controller adjust the schedule in cooler months?
- Why do I not see a battery strength icon for the SLW when I turn the SmartLine dial to Auto Adjust?
- Does Auto Adjust use the zone watering times entered on the right hand side of the SmartLine dial?
- Will Auto Adjust calculate a run time that would cause me to violate a local watering regulation?
- How can I check how many minutes Auto Adjust is watering each zone?
- Will Auto Adjust change the watering days and start times I have selected?
- Why do I need to enter Zone Run Times if I am using Auto Adjust Watering?
- How does the SOIL TYPE affect ET watering schedules?